Love Candy


It must have been at least 7 years ago I last heard 'Love Letters' by L-Fudge ft. Jasmin, which is quite strange because I instantly loved it. I have to say I was surprised yet very happy to find this 12'' (which came out on Ghent's Brick9000-label) while diggin' in the crates @ PĂȘle-MĂȘle in BXL last week. El Fudge (or L-Fudge as he was known back in the day) is a former member of the Demigodz (you might know their 'Don't You Even Go There') who never managed to make the big breakthrough, but his album 'Chronic Irresponsibility' is definitely one of the best hiphop records I own. Great productions (courtesy of English producer Joe Buhdha), great flows, interesting subjects and nice guest artists make this a really great record. These worth checkin' out: the introspective 'Bad Habits', the namedroping 'Worldwide' (featuring UK-MC Mr. 45), the ode to hiphop 'Realise' (featuring the always excellent J-Live), the self-diss 'A Night at Grant's Tomb', New York-anthem 'Beware' and 'One Fudge'. Since I already named half the tracks on the album, I suggest you check the whole thing out. Enjoy!

Comments