The King of Pop was Gangsta


I know I'm kinda late but I haven't payed my respects to the King of Pop yet, so here we go: it may be a bit strange, but my favourite MJ song is no massive hit like 'Thriller', 'Bad', 'Smooth Criminal', or 'Billie Jean', but one of his last singles, 2001's 'You Rock My World'. This song, produced by Rodney 'Darkchild' Jerkins (scored with these ones, too: 'The Boy Is Mine', 'It's Not Right, But It's Okay', 'If You Had My Love', 'Say My Name', 'Lose My Breath', 'When I Grow Up', ...), was never a #1 hit but still managed to get a permanent spot in my brain's back catalogue. The music video for 'You Rock My World' was -like most of MJ's video's- a nice short, featuring A-list actors like Michael Madsen, Chris Tucker, Marlon Brando, Billy Drago and the ravishing Kishaya Dudley. The video portrays Michael as the smooth player/dancer, exactly how I want to remember him...

Comments