Jamaica Jamaica ...

Stranger Cole

Oyeah I'm irie today, so here's some more reggae: 'Crying Every Night' by Stranger Cole.This little wonderful tune has been fascinating me for the last months. The raw soul in the high-pitched voices really make you believe 'every word I say is true', while the keys and the bass (especially in the intro) sound quite cheerful. I can't get enough of songs with 'moodswings' like this (since I'm not a musician I lack the right lingo, but I hope you know what I'm tryin' to say) and I can't imagine anyone not feeling emotional when hearing this tune.
The other tune I wanted you to hear is Lee 'Scratch' Perry & the Upsetters' 'Sipreano'. Crazy genius Lee Perry toasts like a madman over an organ-based beat while displaying his skills as a producer manipulating the sound. Enjoy this spaced out classic.
The Upsetter himself

Comments